Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mystery to Me

Wow, my last blog was "Perception vs. Reality" and that really has become a clarion call in the past few hours. This blog is named after both a Fleetwood Mac album and the questions that have arisen since I saw this particular video.



It makes me wonder if I've seen a ... well, "Mirage." (Yes, Fleetwood Mac album from the early '80s). If I was ... "Hypnotized" (pre-Buckingham Nicks song). I don't know what "I'm So Afraid" (with Buckingham Nicks) of in trying to figure it out. Well then again, I do. "I Don't Want to Know" (also with Buckingham Nicks) if it's something you don't want to know, ya know?

I'm definitely all over the actual video, being the person standing in front of the one who took it. Great shot of my watch! Now she's obviously a whole head taller than me -- that'll come in to play later. But what really got to me was the end, I have a reaction that I would say only occurred after the Lindsey moment. I'm about to break down.

This moment happened before the thank yous, and before late tonight, I would have sworn up and down that I got thanked after them. This video changed my mind.

It also reminded me of another fact. Although 'ark saw the blown kiss, I didn't remember it and that was because I had turned around after the "Thank You" in amazement. I was looking for someone else it could have been for. But no one was at my eyeline and, well, the man's eyes are pretty intense. I know he was talking to me. I froze for a second in a way I've only done twice in my lifetime and that's another reason why I know it was me. I did it when Rick Springfield looked at me and even earlier than that, the first time I met my "Guiding Light" fave Terrell Anthony.

So what about the blown kiss? As you can see on the video, the kiss is a bit off camera but comes into view around the time he points to the person holding the camera. It coulda been a general one, it coulda been for her. Hell, maybe it even is really part mine. But I know it wasn't part of the "thank you" package.

THEN he goes away and then the band thank yous are done. What sort of boggles my mind is that both 'ark and I totally got this wrong. I think it might have been the way he saw the kiss. I wanted to see it, so in my mind's eye, I did. We got a picture in our heads of the thank you happening after the band did theirs. It's related to the girls who were behind us after this photographer left, and not at all interesting so I won't go into further detail. But now as sure I was before that it initially happened that way, that's how sure I am now that it was the reverse.

So strange. It's got me "Mystified."

No comments:

Post a Comment